The Senate convened at 10:00am.
Confirmed, 48-47: Executive Calendar #736 Andre B. Mathis, of Tennessee, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Sixth Circuit, vice Bernice Bouie Donald, retiring.
Invoked, 48-43: Motion to Invoke Cloture on Salvador Mendoza, Jr. to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
Leader Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #1033, Lara E. Montecalvo to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit.
The Senate confirmed the following nominations, en bloc, by voice vote:
- Dimitri Kusnezov to be Under Secretary for Science and Technology, Department of Homeland Security.
- Jennifer H. Rearden to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York.
- Puneet Talwar to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Natalie K. Wight to be United States Attorney for the District of Oregon.
By unanimous consent, at a time to be determined the Senate will proceed to roll call votes on the following nominations:
- Cathy Ann Harris to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board.
- David P. Pekoske to be Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration.
H.R.5754 (A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the ability of veterans to electronically submit complaints about the delivery of health care services by the Department of Veterans Affairs). Passed by unanimous consent.
H.R.8656 (A bill to designate the clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Mishawaka, Indiana, as the “Jackie Walorski VA Clinic”). Passed by unanimous consent.
S.1198 (A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve and expand the Solid Start program of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes) as amended, passed by voice vote.
The Senate will convene at 3:00pm on Monday, September 12, 2022.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will proceed to two votes:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #986 Salvador Mendoza, Jr. to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #1043, Arianna J. Freeman to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit.
The Senate adjourned at 3:04pm.