The Senate stands adjourned until 3:00pm. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #546 Joshua Frost, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, vice Matthew S. Rutherford.
At 5:30pm the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Joshua Frost to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury.
Cloture was filed on the following:
- Executive Calendar #546 Joshua Frost, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury.
- Executive Calendar #674 Elizabeth de Leon Bhargava, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
The Senate convened and proceeded with Leader remarks.
By a vote of 54-36, the Senate invoked cloture on the nomination of Joshua Frost to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury.
The Senate will convene at 10:00am on Tuesday, May 3, 2022.
At 11:45am, the Senate will proceed to two roll call votes:
- Confirmation of Joshua Frost, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on Elizabeth de Leon Bhargava, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
Following the cloture vote, the Senate will recess until 2:15pm for the weekly party caucus lunches.
At 2:30pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of Elizabeth de Leon Bhargava, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (if cloture is invoked).
Last week the Senate agreed to the compound motion to go to conference on H.R. 4521, the America COMPETES and USICA bills and for the consideration of up to 28 non-binding motions to instruct conferees. Debate on each MTI is limited to 2 minutes equally divided prior to each vote.
Votes on the MTIs are expected to begin Tuesday afternoon and go late into the evening. The Senate may be voting late into Wednesday night as well, depending on how many MTIs require roll call votes.
The Senate will vote in the order listed, unless consent is granted to move them around.
Motions to Instruct Conferees on H.R.4521, America COMPETES/USICA:
- Paul (Gain of Function Research)
- Barrasso (OCS 5-Year Plan)
- Cruz (Iran)
- Menendez (USTR IG)
- Risch (China’s Malign Influence)
- Kelly (CHIP Investment)
- Lee (Green Climate Fund)
- Blackburn (Digital Yuan)
- Cotton (Green Climate Fund to DARPA)
- Murkowski (Oceans data)
- Sullivan (Critical Minerals)
- Rubio (Intel Review)
- Johnson (Reject Mink Fur Prohibition)
- Sanders 1 (Warrants)
- Scott (FL) (RoI and Claw Back Provisions)
- Hassan (R&D Tax Credit)
- Ernst (SBA)
- Lankford (Iran)
- Sanders 2 (NASA)
- Cassidy 1 (Mexico)
- Bennet (Supply Chain Investment)
- Warnock (HBCUs)
- Daines (Prohibit Rejection of All-of-the-Above Energy Portfolio)
- Cassidy 2 (College Transparency)
- Capito (Climate Emergency Declaration)
- Toomey (Trade, Section 301)
- Scott (SC) (Prohibits Co2 Mandate without China)
- Lujan (National Labs)
The Senate adjourned at 6:50pm.