The Senate convened at 10:00am.
The Senate recessed from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly party caucus lunches.
The Senate passed the following bills:
· Calendar #451, S.3655 – Civil Rights Cold Case Investigations Support Act.
· Calendar #482, S.3092 with committee-reported substitute as amended by Padilla amendment – FIRE Act.
· Calendar #440, S.4166 – Technological Hazards Preparedness and Training Act.
· Calendar #479, S.3875 with Peters substitute – Community Disaster Resilience Zones Act.
· H.R.7698 – to designate the outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Ventura, California as the “Captain Rosemary Bryant Mariner Outpatient Clinic”.
· Calendar #278, S.1617 – Disaster Assistance for Rural Communities.
· Calendar #393, S.1687 – Small Business Cyber Training Act.
· Calendar #395, S.3906 with Cardin substitute – Small Business Broadband and Emerging Technology Enhancement Act.
· H.R.4877 – One Stop Shop for Small Business Compliance Act.
· Calendar #281, H.R.3462 with Cardin substitute – SBA Cyber Awareness Act.
· Calendar #280, S.2521 with Cardin substitute – SBIC Advisory Committee Act.
Adopted the following resolutions:
· S.Res.753 – urging the Government of Brazil to ensure that the October 2022 elections are conducted in a free, fair, credible, transparent, and peaceful manner.
· S.Res.765 – National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day
· S.Res.804 – Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
· S.Res.805 – Telehealth Awareness Week
· S.Res.806 – Las Vegas Aces
· S.Res.807 – National Bison Day
The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Thursday, September 29, 2022.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Calendar #389, H.R.6833, the legislative vehicle for the Continuing Resolution.
Cloture has been filed on the Schumer substitute amendment #5745 and the underlying bill, H.R.6833. As a result of cloture having been filed, the filing deadline for 1st degree amendments is 1:00pm. The filing deadline for 2nd degree amendments is one hour prior to the cloture votes, if cloture is invoked.
Senator Schumer announced that senators should expect a roll call vote on confirmation of the Freeman nomination (3rd Circuit) prior to lunch.
Additional roll call votes in relation to the CR and any other Executive and Legislative items are expected during Thursday’s session.
The Senate adjourned at 8:25pm.