The Senate convened at 10:00am.
S. Res. 75, Expressing the sense of the Senate that violence and threats of violence against the employees of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are unacceptable and should be condemned. Passed by unanimous consent.
Confirmed, 52-42: Executive Calendar #1067, Florence Y. Pan to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Invoked, 64-30: the motion to invoke cloture on the Resolution of ratification with respect to Calendar #2 Treaty document 117-1 Amendment to Montreal Protocol (“Kigali Amendment”).
Today in the Senate:
The Senate confirmed the following nominations by voice vote en bloc:
- Executive Calendar #1120 Randy W. Berry to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Namibia.
- Executive Calendar #1059 Robert A. Wood to be Alternate Representative of the United States of America for Special Political Affairs in the United Nations, with the rank of Ambassador.
Adopted S.Res.775 – condemning violence and threats against the FBI.
Passed S.4899 – IMPROVE Act.
Passed S.4900 – Reauthorization of the SBIR and STTR programs and pilot programs.
Passed the following post office naming bills, en bloc:
· Calendar #327 – S. 3884, Cora Reynolds Anderson Post Office
· Calendar #331 – H.R. 3539, Atanasio Taitano Perez Post Office
· Calendar #335 – H.R. 5577, John R. Lewis Post Office Building
· Calendar #398 – H.R. 2142, Indiana Hunt-Martin Post Office Building
· Calendar #469 – H.R. 91, Private First Class Barrett Lyle Austin Post Office Building
· Calendar #470 – H.R. 92, Specialist Four Charles Johnson Post Office
· Calendar #472 – H.R. 3508, CW4 Christian J. Koch Memorial Post Office
· Calendar #474 – H.R. 5809, Lance Corporal Kareem Nikoui Memorial Post Office Building
Passed Calendar #453, H.R.4693 – Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment.
Passed Calendar #483, H.R.5641 – SPEED Recovery Act.
Passed Calendar #489, S.4553 – Extension of Department of Homeland Security Other Transaction Authority Act.
Passed S.4552 – Extension of Authority to Acquire Innovative Commercial Items Act.
Adopted S.Res.776 – National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
Adopted the following resolutions, en bloc:
· S.Res.777 – Student Parent Month
· S.Res.778 – Recovery Month
· S.Res.779 – Estuaries Week
· S.Res.780 – Workforce Development Month
· S.Res.781 – PCOS Awareness Month
· S.Res.782 – Hispanic Heritage Month
· S.Res.783 – Air Force 75th Anniversary
Adopted S.Res.784 – National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week.
The Senate will convene at 10:00am on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to resume consideration of resolution of ratification with respect to Calendar #2 Treaty document 117-1 Amendment to Montreal Protocol (“Kigali Amendment”), post-cloture. There are no votes scheduled at this time.
On Monday, September 19, Leader Schumer filed cloture on the following:
- Motion to proceed to S.4822, DISCLOSE Act
- Amanda Bennett to be Chief Executive Officer of the United States Agency for Global Media.
- Arati Prabhakar to be Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy.
The Senate adjourned at 5:59pm.