The Senate convened at 10:00am.
Not confirmed, 47-50: Confirmation of Executive Calendar #1043 Arianna J. Freeman to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit. Leader Schumer entered a motion to reconsider the failed confirmation vote.
Invoked, 51-45: Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #1033 Lara E. Montecalvo to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit.
Adopted by unanimous consent: S. Res. 762, Honoring the life and accomplishments of Queen Elizabeth II and expressing condolences to her family and the United Kingdom on her passing.
The Senate will convene at 10:00am on Wednesday, September 14, 2022.
At 11:30am, the Senate will proceed to two roll call votes on the following:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #1033 Laura E. Montecalvo to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit.
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #1032 Sarah A. L. Merriam to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit.
The Senate confirmed the following nominations by voice vote:
- Executive Calendar #921 Bruce I. Turner for the rank of Ambassador during his tenure of service as U.S. Representative to the Conference on Disarmament.
- Executive Calendar #1101 E. Martin Estrada to be United States Attorney for the Central District of California for the term of four years.
- Executive Calendar #1102, Gregory J. Haanstad to be United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
- Executive Calendar #1040 – Miriam L. Lafferty to be Rear Admiral – Coast Guard
- Executive Calendar #1042 – Rear Adm. Miriam L. Lafferty to be Rear Admiral (Upper Half).
The Senate adjourned at 6:20pm.