The Senate convened at 11:00am on Tuesday, October 11th. Senator Leahy presided.
The Senate proceeded to the consideration of H.R.7900, a bill to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2023 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes.
The following amendments are currently pending to H.R.7900:
- Reed amendment in the nature of a substitute, as modified. (5499)
- Reed amendment to Reed amendment (5499) to add an effective date. (6442)
The following resolutions were agreed to, en bloc, by unanimous consent:
- A resolution to authorize representation by Senate Legal Counsel. (S.Res.822)
- A resolution to authorize representation by Senate Legal Counsel. (S.Res.823)
- A resolution to authorize representation by Senate Legal Counsel. (S.Res.824)
The Senate will convene for pro forma sessions on the following dates, during which no business shall be conducted:
- Friday, October 14th at 11:30am
- Tuesday, October 18th at 11:30am
- Thursday, October 20th, at 9:00am
- Monday, October 24th at 1:45pm
- Thursday, October 27th at 12:00pm
- Monday, October 31st at 10:00am
- Thursday, November 3rd at 10:30am
- Monday, November 7th at 10:30am
- Thursday, November 10th at 3:00pm.
The Senate will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday, November 14, 2022. At 5:30pm, the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Maria del R. Antongiorgi-Jordan to be United States District Judge for the District of Puerto Rico.
The Senate adjourned at 11:26am.