The Senate convened at 10:00am.
By a vote of 80-10, the Senate confirmed Executive Calendar #972 R. Russell Rumbaugh to be an Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
Confirmed, 57-35: Executive Calendar #1194 Robert Harley Shriver III to be Deputy Director of the Office of Personnel Management.
By unanimous consent, the Senate passed S.3773 – A bill to authorize the leases of up to 99 years for land held in trust for the Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation.
Agreed to, 70-25: Motion to Proceed to the House message to accompany H.R. 2617 (The legislative vehicle for the Consolidated Appropriations Act FY2023).
The Senate confirmed the following nominations en bloc by voice vote:
- Exec. Cal. #701, Kathy K. Im to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for a term expiring January 31, 2024.
- Exec. Cal. #1253, Alan J. Patricof to be a Director of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation for a term expiring December 31, 2022.
- Exec. Cal. #1254, Alan J. Patricof to be a Director of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation for a term expiring December 31, 2025. (Reappointment)
- Exec. Cal. #1256, Cynthia Dyer to be Director of the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking, with the rank of Ambassador at Large.
- Exec. Cal. #1265, Lucy Tamlyn a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Exec. Cal. #1280, Rubydee Calvert to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for a term expiring January 31, 2028. (Reappointment)
S. 1294, a bill to authorize the imposition of sanctions with respect to foreign persons that have engaged in significant theft of trade secrets of United States persons and for other purposes. Passed by voice vote.
H.R. 5961, an act to make revisions in Title 5, United States code, as necessary to keep the title current and to make technical amendments to improve the United States code. Passed by unanimous consent.
S. 5329, a bill to amend the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act. Passed by unanimous consent.
S. 1942, a bill to standardize the designation of National Heritage Areas and for other purposes. Passed by unanimous consent.
The Senate confirmed by voice vote Exec. Cal. #1235, Gene Rodrigues to be an Assistant Secretary of Energy (Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability).
The Senate will convene at 10:00am on Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
At 11:30am, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nomination of Lynne Tracy to serve as ambassador to the Russian Federation.
Further votes are possible but are not scheduled.
The Senate adjourned at 12:11pm.