The Senate convened at 10:00am.
By a vote of 49-49, the Senate did not invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.4822, DISCLOSE Act.
Confirmed, 60-36: Executive Calendar #1055, Amanda Bennett to be Chief Executive Officer of the United States Agency for Global Media.
Confirmed, 56-40: Confirmation of Executive Calendar #1097 Arati Prabhakar to be Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy.
Leader Schumer filed cloture on the motion to proceed to Cal. #389, H.R.6833, the legislative vehicle for the Continuing Resolution.
Passed H.R.7846 – Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act.
Passed S.4885 – Kevin and Avonte’s Law Reauthorization.
· S.Res.793 – Tall Ships America
· S.Res.794 – Clean Energy Week
· S.Res.795 – School Bus Safety Month
· S.Res.796 – Honoring late Senator Robert “Bob” Charles Krueger
Confirmed the following nominations:
FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION
· Executive Calendar #1041 – Robin Meredith Cohn Hutcheson, of Utah, to be Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
· Executive Calendar #1150 – Kevin G. Ritz, of Tennessee, to be United States Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee for the term of four years
The vote on confirmation of the following nomination will occur at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #716, Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board.
The Senate stands adjourned until 11:00am on Friday, September 23, 2022, to convene for a pro forma session only with no business conducted. When the Senate adjourns on Friday it will next convene at 3:00pm on Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
On Tuesday, following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to Calendar #389, H.R.6833, the legislative vehicle for the CR. At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed.
The Senate adjourned at 4:29pm.