The Senate convened at 10:00am.
The motion to proceed to S.870 (Fire Grants Safety Act) was adopted by voice vote.
By a vote of 67-26, the Senate confirmed Executive Calendar #69 Richard R. Verma, of Maryland, to be Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources.
Confirmed by a vote of 63-27: Executive Calendar #18 Laura Taylor-Kale to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense.
The Senate will convene for pro forma sessions on the following dates:
- Monday, April 3rd at 12:00pm
- Thursday, April 6that 10:00am
- Monday, April 10th at 11:30am
- Thursday, April 13th at 8:45am
The Senate will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday, April 17th, 2023. At 5:30pm, the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #19, Radha Iyengar Plumb to be a Deputy Under Secretary of Defense.
Today, Leader Schumer filed cloture on:
- Executive Calendar #19 Radha Iyengar Plumb to be a Deputy Under Secretary of Defense.
- Executive Calendar #57 Amy Lefkowitz Solomon to be an Assistant Attorney General.
- S. 870, Fire Grants and Safety Act.
The Senate adjourned at 3:26pm.