The Senate convened at 3:00pm.
By a vote of 61-35, the Senate invoked cloture on the Baldwin substitute amendment #6487 to H.R. 8404, Respect for Marriage Act.
The Senate will convene at 12:00 Noon on Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
At 3:45pm on Tuesday, November 29, the Senate will proceed to roll call votes on the following:
- Adoption of Lee amendment #6482 (religious freedom) – 60 vote affirmative threshold.
- Adoption of Lankford amendment #6496 (religious liberty)
- Adoption of Rubio amendment #6493 (To eliminate a private right of action).
- The Baldwin substitute amendment #6487 will be agreed to by unanimous consent, and the Senate will vote on passage of H.R. 8404 (Respect for Marriage Act) as amended – 60 vote affirmative threshold.
Today, Leader Schumer filed cloture on the following nominations:
- Executive Calendar #1148, Jerry W. Blackwell to be United States District Judge for the District of Minnesota.
- Executive Calendar #1129, Doris L. Pryor to be United States Circuit Judge for the Seventh Circuit.
On November 17, 2022, Leader Schumer filed cloture on:
- Exec. Cal. #1133 Camille L. Velez-Rive to be United States District Judge for the District of Puerto Rico.
- Exec. Cal. #1147 Anne M. Nardacci to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of New York.
The Senate adjourned at 8:20pm.